Simpliphy is a personal blog written by me, Dwi Prananto. I am an experimental physicist with a regular job of nudging tiny “spinning” objects with electromagnetic wave to see how they interact with their fellow tiny objects and to take a photo of them in action.
The word Simpliphy is an abbreviation of simplify physics. As the name says this blog is intended mainly as a media for me to explain physics in words that can be understood by general public. Beside, I also write about various other topics and hobbies beyond physics. This blog is mostly written in my native language, Bahasa Indonesia.
Following is my short vitae:
- Ph.D. in Materials Science, Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Japan (2016 – 2019)
- Visiting Research Student, The City College of New York, USA (March – June 2019)
- M.Sc. in Physics, Tohoku University, Japan (2011 – 2013)
- B.Eng. in Engineering Physics, Institut Teknologi Sepuluh Nopember, Indonesia (2005 – 2010)
- Assistant Professor at Materials Science Program, Faculty of Engineering, Niigata University. Specially appointed under a project funded by The Japan Agency for Medical Research and Development (AMED) (August 2019 – now)
- Researcher at Graduate School of Advanced Science and Technology, Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (June – Juli 2019)
- Lecturer at Department of Electrical Engineering, Universitas Panca Marga (2013 – 2016)
Research Funding and Grant
- JAIST Research Grant, Development of novel measurement technique to investigate spin caloritronics phenomena using diamond with nitrogen-vacancy point defects, amount: JPY 900,000 (FY 2017)
- JAIST Grant for Off-campus Research, research at Carlos Meriles group, Department of Physics, City University of New York (CUNY)-The City College of New York. (March – June 2018)
- D. Prananto, Y. Kainuma, K. Hayashi, N. Mizuochi, K. Uchida, T. An, Probing thermal magnon current via nitrogen-vacancy centers in diamond, preprint at https://arxiv.org/abs/2007.13433 (2020)
- D. Prananto, D. Kikuchi, K. Hayashi, Y. Kainuma and T. An, Imaging of stray magnetic field vectors from a magnetic particle with an ensemble of nitrogen-vacancy centers in diamond, Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 58, SIIB20 (2019).
- D. Kikuchi, D. Prananto, K.Hayashi, A. Laraoui, N. Mizuochi, M. Hatano, E. Saitoh, Y. Kim, C. A. Meriles, and T. An, Long-distance excitation of nitrogen-vacancy centers in diamond via surface spin waves, Appl. Phys. Express 10 103004 (2017).
- J. Wu, J. Xu, D. Prananto, H. Shimotani, Y. Tanabe, S. Heguri, and K. Tanigaki, Systematic studies on anharmonicity of rattling phonons in type-I clathrates by low temperature heat capacity measurements, Phys. Rev. B 89, 214301 (2014).
- D. Prananto, Inovasi dari komputer kuantum, mengapa kita membutuhkannya? The Conversation (September 27, 2018)
- D. Prananto, Google klaim komputer kuantum mereka bisa selesaikan komputasi hanya 3 menit, sementara komputer klasik 10.000 tahun, The Conversation (November 22, 2019)